COSW Ltd, as a project partner has secured over €6.3m to deliver an operational tidal site in Pembrokeshire. We know that in developing these demonstration zones, significant economic benefits and …
The Ramsey Sound Regeneration Project is a partner in the Interreg TIGER Project, a €48m ERDF fund to increase tidal energy deployment. The overarching aim of the regeneration project is to re-power the Ramsey Sound site (Pembrokeshire, UK) and install up to 1MW of new turbine capacity.
Background to the Site:
- Unique tidal energy site located in Ramsey Sound, Pembrokeshire.
- Time and development advantage: >£10m invested in site and 4-year lead on comparable schemes
- Developed by Tidal Energy Ltd in 2013, with an operational turbine deployed on the seabed.
- Substation, cable, subsea foundation and the tidal energy device will be upgraded and re-used
- Fully consented site
- Maximum flows 3.4ms-1 combine estimate of 74.9GWh/y
- 400KW ROC accreditation with Ofgem
Cambrian Offshore South West Ltd. was set up in 2019 to deliver the Ramsey Sound Regeneration project which will see the regeneration of a tidal energy deployment site, including a grid connected, subsea tidal turbine, sub-station and associated infrastructure.